While we did extensive testing with the partners before we deployed it there was always the worry that a combination of browser and OS and plug-in we’d not tested would cause a problem we’d not foreseen.
While you can wrap every statement in a Try…Catch loop and deal with exceptions that way it’s not the most efficient, and if you’re integrating libraries from a lot of different sources then it’s not really practical.
Then because Chrome, Safari and Opera didn’t support the onError function I rather shelved the project. Just a few days though with the release of Chrome v10 another browser could be added to the support matrix for remote error reporting (and as the fix is in the WebKit core we can only hope that a release of Safari greater than v5 will roll out support as well)
While I wait for Safari and hopefully Opera to catch up with this I’m making a couple of other small tweaks to the code to make it a bit more reliable, as well as adding some extra functionality to allow developers to pass additional information back to the reporting database to help with debugging their specific apps.
Check it out , kick the tires and let me know if you have any feedback…